1 French diplomat who in 1793 tried to draw the United States into the war between France and England (1763-1834) [syn: Edmund Charles Edouard Genet, Citizen Genet]
2 French writer of novels and dramas for the theater of the absurd (1910-1986) [syn: Jean Genet]
3 agile Old World viverrine having a spotted coat and long ringed tail [syn: Genetta genetta]
Genet can refer to:
- Citizen Genêt (or Edmond-Charles Genêt) a French ambassador to the United States.
- Jean Genet (1910-1986), a French writer.
- Russell Merle Genet, an American astronomer
- Genet (biology), a population of plants.
- Genet (animal) A small predatory Old World carnivore: a type of civet.
- Genet, Ethiopia, a town in southern Ethiopia
- Armstrong Siddeley Genet, aircraft engine
- Armstrong Siddeley Genet Major, aircraft engine
- Janet Flanner, pen name of "The New Yorker's" Paris correspondent
genet in French: Genet